GREEN OLIVE TAPENADE
This combination of green olives, anchovies, capers and eggs makes for a boldly flavoured spread. Serve it with crackers or baguette slices as an appetizer.
Yield: Makes 2 cups.
July 02, 2019
- 1 tsp anchovy paste or 4 anchovies, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 cups pitted green olives, rinsed
- 3 tbsp drained capers, rinsed
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- Freshly ground pepper*
- Place anchovy paste and garlic in a food processor; process, using an on/off motion, until almost smooth. Add olives and capers; process, using an on/off motion, until olives and capers are coarsely chopped.
- Transfer olive mixture to a bowl. Add eggs, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice and lemon peel; stir to combine. Season to taste with pepper. May be refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Stir before using and serve with baguette slices.
65 calories, 6.5 g fat, 1.2 g protein, 1.1 g carbohydrate, 0.7 g fibre, 320 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.