GREENS WITH FRUIT AND HONEY ORANGE DRESSING
You can make this summery salad any time of the year. Combine mixed greens with pear, grapes and a bright citrus dressing for a generous side salad or a light lunch.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 2 tbsp orange marmalade
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 8 cups torn mixed greens
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan halves, chopped
- 1 firm ripe pear, thinly sliced
- To prepare dressing, whisk together vinegar, honey, marmalade, mustard, seasoning salt, pepper and garlic until combined. Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- Combine greens, grapes, onion, pecans and pear in a bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
207 calories, 13.8 g fat, 1.8 g protein, 21.8 g carbohydrate, 2.1 g fibre, 114 mg sodium
The thinly sliced red onion in this salad may be soaked in ice water for 30 minutes to remove some of its heat. Drain the onion thoroughly before adding it to the salad.