GRILLED ANAHEIM POPPERS
These spicy grilled poppers are stuffed with four kinds of cheese, green onion and citrus peel. We like using Anaheim peppers rather than jalapenos, as they’re milder and have a brighter flavour.
Yield: Makes 9.
July 02, 2019
- 9 Anaheim peppers
- 4 oz (125 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 3 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp grated lime peel
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 miuntes.
- Cut top 1/2 inch off of each pepper; set pepper tops aside. Using a knife and spoon, remove and discard seeds and ribs; set peppers aside.
- To prepare filling, combine cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, Gouda cheese, Parmesan cheese, sour cream, green onion, garlic, lemon peel and lime peel in a bowl. Spoon filling into a pastry bag fitted with a large plain tip. Pipe filling into peppers. Place pepper tops on filled peppers.
- Grill filled peppers until peppers are grill-marked and cheese is melted, about 3 – 4 minutes per side.
106 calories, 7.4 g fat, 4.2 g protein, 6.8 g carbohydrate, 2.1 g fibre, 124 mg sodium
If desired, 7 mini sweet peppers or 10 jalapeno peppers may be used in place of the 9 Anaheim peppers.