GRILLED CHICKEN WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE
Grill these chicken breasts with their skin on for extra flavour, then dress them with a fresh lemon vinaigrette. We also like grilling a few lemon slices to serve as a garnish.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 bone-in chicken breasts with skin
- 6 lemon slices, 1/2 inch thick
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- To prepare lemon vinaigrette, whisk together lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper until combined. Gradually whisk in oil until blended; set aside.
- Grill chicken, bone side down, for 30 - 35 minutes. Turn chicken over and continue grilling until skin is golden brown and chicken is cooked through, about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill lemon slices for 3 minutes per side or until grill marks appear. Transfer chicken to a platter. Pour lemon vinaigrette over chicken. Garnish with lemon slices.
373 calories, 25.9 g fat, 31.7 g protein, 3.4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fibre, 485 mg sodium