GRILLED CORN AND BLACK BEAN SALAD
Grilling corn gives it a deeper and more distinctive flavour. Throw a few cobs on the barbecue and then cut off the kernels for this Mexican-inspired salad.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 4 cobs corn, husked
- Canola oil*
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Lightly brush corn with oil. Grill corn, turning occasionally until lightly browned, about 15 - 20 minutes; cool. Using a sharp knife, slice kernels off each cob. Combine corn and remaining ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
193 Calories, 6.1 g fat, 7.2 g protein, 31.0 g carbohydrate, 6.7 g fibre, 175 mg sodium
*Ingredients not included in nutritional analysis