GRILLED NECTARINES WITH HONEY CREAM
Nectarines cook up beautifully on the barbecue. We glaze these with honey and balsamic vinegar and drizzle them with honey vanilla cream for an easy summer dessert.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 firm ripe nectarines, halved and pitted
- To prepare honey cream, whisk together sour cream, 1 tbsp honey and 1/2 tsp vanilla; refrigerate.
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- To prepare glaze, combine 1/2 cup honey, vinegar and 1 tsp vanilla. Reserve half of glaze to serve with nectarines. Brush nectarines with some of the remaining glaze.
- Place nectarines on a grill topper or directly on barbecue grid. Grill nectarines, basting occasionally with remaining glaze, until heated through. Spoon reserved glaze onto 8 dessert plates. Place 2 nectarine halves on each plate and drizzle with honey cream.
171 calories, 3.3 g fat, 1.9 g protein, 36.3 g carbohydrate, 2.5 g fibre, 10 mg sodium