GRILLED TOMATOES WITH PESTO
Grilled tomatoes make for a juicy and flavourful side dish that goes wonderfully with steak. Top these grilled tomatoes with mozzarella cheese and your favourite basil pesto.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 4 Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup store-bought or homemade basil pesto, divided
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Scoop top 1/4 inch pulp out of halved tomatoes. Spread 1 tsp pesto over each tomato half. Sprinkle green onion evenly over tomatoes. Combine remaining pesto and cheese. Top tomatoes with cheese mixture.
- Place tomatoes on a grill topper or directly on barbecue grid. Grill tomatoes until tomatoes are heated through and cheese is melted, about 10 – 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
77 calories, 6 g fat, 3.3. g protein, 3.3 g carbohydrate, 0.8 g fibre, 164 mg sodium