GUACAMOLE WITH CILANTRO
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 serrano chile pepper, halved, seeded and finely chopped
- Tortilla chips*
- Place avocados, lime juice and salt in a bowl and mash together with a fork. Mixture will be chunky. Add cilantro, onion and chile pepper; stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. Serve with tortilla chips or in tacos.
41 calories, 3.7 g fat, 0.5 g protein, 2.5 g carbohydrate, 1.7 g fibre, 28 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.
Hot peppers cause severe skin and eye irritation. Wear disposable gloves when handling hot peppers and avoid touching any exposed skin.