HAWAIIAN PITA PIZZAS
Pita bread is a great base for easy weeknight or lunchtime pizzas. These are loaded with your favourite Hawaiian toppings: ham, tomato sauce, pineapple and mozzarella.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 4 pita bread (6 inch/15 cm)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup diced green or red bell pepper
- 1 can (8 oz/227 mL) pineapple tidbits, drained
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over pita bread. Sprinkle with cheese. Sprinkle with ham, bell pepper and pineapple.
- Place on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizzas are heated through.
440 calories, 14.4 g fat, 28.3 g protein, 49.1 g carbohydrate, 2.9 g fibre, 1179 mg sodium