HOLIDAY SALAD WITH FENNEL
This green salad, packed with dried cranberries, is suitable for a Christmas dinner. Shaved fennel and a Dijon balsamic dressing give it loads of flavour.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups torn mixed greens
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Place cranberries in a bowl. Pour enough hot water over cranberries to cover. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. Set 2 tbsp cranberries aside.
- To prepare dressing, place remaining cranberries, oil, balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in a blender; purée until smooth.
- Transfer dressing to a bowl; stir in reserved cranberries.
- Combine greens and fennel in a bowl. Add some of the dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately. Remaining dressing may be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
166 calories, 13.8 g fat, 1.1 g protein, 10.9 g carbohydrate, 2.3 g fibre, 218 mg sodium