HONEY THYME GLAZED SALMON
Coat this barbecued salmon in a savoury-sweet honey, Dijon and thyme glaze. Serve with rice and vegetables as part of a backyard meal.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp thyme, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 lb (1 kg) salmon fillet
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- To prepare glaze, combine all ingredients except salmon in a small bowl.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a piece of foil. Trim foil so it is slightly larger than fillet.
- Spread glaze over salmon.
- With lid down, cook salmon over medium heat on natural gas barbecue until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 - 12 minutes per inch of thickness.
364 calories, 19.7 g fat, 34.1 g protein, 13.4 g carbohydrate, 0.4 g fibre, 335 mg sodium