This flavoured mayo packs a lot of punch. Seasoned with garlic, horseradish, Dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar, it’s great with French fries, dolloped on fish or with roast beef.
Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cup.
July 02, 2019
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Squeeze roasted garlic out of skins and purée.
- Combine garlic purée with remaining ingredients until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Serve with beef.
Nutritional analysis per 2 tbsp: 134 calories, 14.6 g fat, 0.2 g protein, 1.1. g carbohydrate, 0.1 g fibre, 149 mg sodium
Tip: To prepare roasted garlic, cut the top 1/4 inch off garlic head. Place garlic head on a piece of foil. Drizzle garlic head with a little olive oil and sprinkle with thyme. Twist foil around garlic head to enclose completely. Bake at 350°F until soft, about 30 - 45 minutes.