HOT ARTICHOKE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER DIP
Puréed roasted cauliflower adds some heft to this classic cheesy hot artichoke dip. Serve it with crackers or baguette slices as a party or game-night appetizer.
Yield: Serves 10.
July 02, 2019
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (1 inch)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 4 oz (125 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine cauliflower and oil in a bowl; toss until coated.
- Place cauliflower in a non-stick foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, until cauliflower is softened and lightly browned, about 35 - 40 minutes; cool.
- Meanwhile, to prepare browned butter, place butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until butter is golden brown and smells nutty, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into a small heatproof bowl.
- Place cauliflower, browned butter, cream cheese, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, lemon peel, cayenne pepper and salt in a food processor; process until smooth. Transfer cauliflower mixture to a bowl. Add artichokes, Parmesan cheese, parsley and thyme; stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 2 quart baking dish. May be prepared to this point and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
- Remove baking dish from refrigerator and let stand for 20 - 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until light golden and heated through. Serve with crackers or baguette slices.
180 calories, 16.4 g fat, 3.3 g protein, 5.2 g carbohydrate, 2 g fibre, 291 mg sodium