Hot Chocolate Truffle Spoons
- 2 cups chopped semi-sweet chocolate, divided
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Crushed candy canes, optional*
- 6 disposable large spoons
- Place 1 cup chocolate and condensed milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave on High power, heating in 30 second intervals and stirring well in between, until almost all the chocolate is melted. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in peppermint extract.
- Cool in fridge until firm, about 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge, divide into 6 equal portions and place on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Form portions into large truffle balls on spoons.
- Place remaining chocolate pieces in microwave-safe bowl and melt in 30 second intervals, as above.
- Dip spoons with truffles, one at a time, into melted chocolate, making sure to cover truffles completely. Sprinkle with candy cane pieces. Place on parchment paper and allow chocolate to set.
- Store truffles, layered with wax paper, in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months. Truffles can also be packaged individually to give as gifts.
375 calories, 20.4 g fat, 4.6 g protein, 52.7 g carbohydrate, 3.6 g fibre, 39 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.
Gift Tag Instructions: Stir spoon with truffle into 1 cup of hot milk.
Use disposable spoons if you are giving this as a gift. Candy canes can be used in place of spoons.