HOT TURKEY SANDWICH PIZZA
Use your holiday leftovers to make a delicious pizza! This innovative recipe puts mashed potatoes, cubed turkey, gravy and cranberry sauce on a homemade flatbread for a fun post-Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 3/4 cup warm water (100 - 110°F)
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 pkg (8 g) active dry yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold mashed potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup turkey gravy, divided
- 1 cup stuffing
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup turkey gravy, heated*
- Combine warm water and sugar, stirring to dissolve. Sprinkle yeast on top. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Place flour, potatoes and salt in a food processor fitted with a dough blade; process, using an on/off motion, to combine. Add yeast mixture and 2 tbsp oil. Process just until dough comes together and forms a ball, about 1 minute.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 1 – 2 minutes. Shape dough into a ball. Transfer dough to an oiled bowl; turn dough to coat with oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, flatten dough and roll out into a 14 inch circle. Transfer dough to a greased 14 inch pizza pan sprinkled with cornmeal. Press dough up around edges to form a rim.
- Combine turkey and 1/2 cup gravy. Spread remaining 1/2 cup gravy evenly over pizza dough. Top with turkey mixture and stuffing. Dot with cranberry sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake until heated through and crust is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Slice and serve drizzled with heated gravy.
593 calories, 19.4 g fat, 21.7 g protein, 82 g carbohydrate, 4.9 g fibre, 1779 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.
If a 14 inch pizza pan is unavailable, a greased large rimmed baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal may be used. Roll out dough into a round that is 14 inches in diameter. Transfer dough to prepared pan and pat onto pan. Press dough up around edges to form a rim.