IRISH CREAM PECAN PIE
Add Irish cream liqueur to your pecan pie filling for a new twist on this classic dessert favourite.
Yield: Serves 10.
July 02, 2019
- Pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 3/4 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1/3 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Whipped cream*
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line pie pan with pastry.
- To prepare filling, whisk together eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, irish cream, flour and vanilla until well blended. Stir in pecans.
- Pour filling into prepared pie shell.
- Bake until filling is set and top of pie is golden brown, about an 1 hour.
- Cool slightly. Pie is best served warm or at room temperature but may be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Serve with whipped cream.
466 calories, 25.7 g fat, 5.5 g protein, 56.4 g carbohydrate, 2.2 g fibre, 188 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.