- 1 lb (0.5 kg) lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp basil, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all ingredients until well blended. Shape mixture into small balls. Place meatballs on a rack in a shallow pan.
- Bake until completely cooked, about 35 - 40 minutes. Cooked meatballs may be frozen for up to 1 month.
Nutritional analysis per meatball:
38 calories, 1.9 g fat, 3.5 g protein, 1.8 g carbohydrate, 0.7 g fibre, 64 mg sodium