JALAPENO GLAZED CHICKEN
Use store-bought jalapeno jelly to glaze these chicken breasts before grilling. Make it a meal with rice or barbecued potatoes and your favourite green salad.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 2/3 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Combine jelly, cilantro, vinegar and pepper sauce in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat on a side burner of natural gas barbecue just until mixture barely simmers.
- Remove 1/4 cup of sauce for basting chicken; Reserve the rest to serve with chicken.
- Toss chicken with oil. Grill chicken over medium heat on natural gas barbecue for 12 - 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Brush chicken occasionally with basting sauce; discard any unused basting sauce.
- Serve chicken with reserved sauce.
383 calories, 9.6 g fat, 52.7 g protein, 17.8 g carbohydrate, 0 g fibre, 184 mg sodium