JERK CHICKEN WINGS
Jerk seasoning is a mix of spices commonly used in Jamaican cooking. These baked chicken wings are given the jerk treatment with a blend of brown sugar, allspice, thyme, hot pepper sauce and garlic. Serve them with our Creamy Onion Dip.
Yield: Makes 24.
July 02, 2019
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp thyme, crumbled
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tbsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 lb (1 kg) chicken wing drumettes
- Creamy Onion Dip*
- To prepare marinade, combine vinegar, thyme, brown sugar, allspice, hot pepper sauce, salt and garlic in a zip-lock plastic bag. Add chicken and squeeze bag to coat chicken evenly with marinade. Seal bag and place on a plate; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on a rack in a large foil-lined rimmed baking sheet; discard marinade.
- Bake until golden brown, about 45 - 50 minutes. Serve hot with Creamy Onion Dip. Baked wings may be frozen for up to 1 month.
89 calories, 3.4 g fat, 12.7 g protein, 0.9 g carbohydrate, 0.1 g fibre, 166 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- Dash hot pepper sauce
Yield: Makes about 1 cup.
- Combine all ingredients; cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Serve with chicken wings.