JICAMA AND ORANGE SALAD
Jicama is a large round vegetable with a pale skin and a white interior. It has a bright crunchy texture that works beautifully in salads. For this recipe, we combine it with fresh oranges, romaine lettuce, cucumber and a citrus-mustard dressing.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 cups julienned peeled jicama
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1 cup julienned English cucumber
- 1/2 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- To prepare dressing, whisk together vinegar, orange juice, sugar, mustard, red pepper flakes and salt until combined. Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- Combine lettuce, jicama, oranges, cucumber, red pepper, onion and cilantro in a bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
175 calories, 12.2 g fat, 1.6 g protein, 16 g carbohydrate, 4.3 g fibre, 201 mg sodium