Leg of Lamb with Mint Sauce
We roasted this savoury leg of lamb to perfection and served it with a traditional homemade mint sauce.
Yield: Serves 6
December 07, 2020
- 4 lb (2 kg) bone-in leg of lamb
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried thyme, crumbled
- Mint Sauce (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rub lamb with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat. Sear lamb until browned on all sides, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from pan; set aside.
- Combine Dijon mustard, garlic, mint, rosemary and thyme together in a small bowl. Spread mustard mixture over lamb.
- Transfer lamb to a roasting pan with a wire rack. Cook until an internal temperature of 145°F is achieved, about 2½ hours. Cover with aluminum foil for 10 – 15 minutes before carving. Serve with Mint Sauce.
484 calories, 30.3 g fat, 46.4 g protein, 3.9 g carbohydrate, 0.8 g fibre, 791 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp liquid honey
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves, stems removed
Yield: Makes about 1 cup.
- Combine vinegar, water, honey and lime juice in a small pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Pour sauce into a blender. Add mint and purée until smooth, about a minute.
35 calories, 0.1 g fat, 0.6 g protein, 8.5 g carbohydrate, 1.1 g fibre, 6 mg sodium