We added a tangy homemade lemon syrup to this refreshing summer beverage. Substitute the club soda for white wine to serve on a special occasion.
Yield: Serves 8
March 26, 2021
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups white wine or club soda
- To prepare sugar syrup, combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium head and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool until lukewarm, about 20 minutes.
- Stir lemon peel and juice into sugar syrup. Sugar syrup may be prepared and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- For each serving, combine1/2 cup syrup with 1/2 cup wine in a glass. Serve over ice.
252 calories, 0.1 g fat, 0.3 g protein, 43.6 g carbohydrate, 0.2 g fibre, 16 mg sodium