MANDARIN WINTER SALAD
Get a taste of sunshine in the winter with this citrusy salad, made with canned mandarin oranges and fresh avocado. This flavourful green salad is a great addition to a Christmas morning brunch.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp grated orange peel
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 8 cups torn mixed greens
- 2 cups sliced English cucumber
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- Tio prepare dressing combine orange juice, sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, orange peel, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil.
- In a bowl, combine greens with remaining ingredients.
- Toss with enough dressing to coat. Leftover dressing may be refrigerated for up to 4 days.
197 calories, 16.5 g fat, 1.6 g protein, 12.5 g carbohydrate, 2.7 g fibre, 88 mg sodium