MASHED POTATOES WITH SPINACH AND BACON
Mix spinach and bacon into your mashed potatoes for a twist on the classic side dish. We also stir in some cheddar cheese for added flavour and richness.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 6 cups cubed peeled russet potatoes
- 1/3 cup hot milk (2%)
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups slivered baby spinach
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp crumbled cooked bacon
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender; drain.
- Add hot milk, butter, salt and pepper to cooked potatoes.
- Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Stir in spinach, cheese and bacon.
- Cover and let stand until spinach is wilted and cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
240 calories, 11 g fat, 8 g protein, 28.5 g carbohydrate, 2.2 g fibre, 467 mg sodium