- 2 lb (1 kg) lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 8 canned pineapple slices, drained
- 8 hamburger buns
- Lettuce leaves*
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Combine beef, soy sauce, honey, cinnamon, paprika, ginger, curry powder, garlic and nutmeg.
- Shape mixture into 8 patties.
- Grill patties over medium heat on natural gas barbecue until completely cooked. Just before patties are cooked, place pineapple slices directly on barbecue grid. Grill pineapple slices until heated through and tinged with grill marks, about 2 - 3 minutes per side. Serve patties in buns with pineapple slices and lettuce
Nutritional analysis per burger:
319 calories, 11.8 g fat, 23.3 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate, 2.3 g fibre, 532 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.