- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped seeded Roma tomatoes
- 2 cups cubed peeled baking potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp basil, crumbled
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- In a medium saucepan, sauté onion and garlic in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add tomato and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in next 7 ingredients (potatoes through stock); bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and most of liquid is absorbed. Stir in basil, parsley and olives.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
414 calories, 20.6 g fat, 10.1 g protein, 45 g carbohydrate, 4.8 g fibre, 910 mg sodium