These miniature fruitcakes are full of spices, candied fruit and nuts found in a traditional fruitcake but are made in a fraction of the time and no seasoning required!
Yield: Makes 24 mini cakes
November 24, 2020
- 1/3 cup shortening, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup milk (2%)
- 1 cup candied deluxe mixed fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped prunes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 24 mini-muffin cup pan, set aside.
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together shortening and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir dry ingredients into creamed mixture. Add milk and mix until blended.
- Fold in candied fruit, pecans and prunes.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted into the centre comes out clean, about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Cool cakes in pans on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 weeks or freeze.
92 calories, 5 g fat, 1.4 g protein, 10.8 g carbohydrate, 0.6 g fibre, 46 mg sodium