MOCK EGGS BENEDICT CASSEROLE
This breakfast casserole gives you all the flavour of classic eggs benedict with a fraction of the fuss. Prepare it the day before to let the eggs soak in overnight and then bake it in the morning for a hassle-free brunch dish.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 5 English muffins, halved
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 hard-cooked large eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup light cream (10%)
- 1 cup milk (2%)
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Place muffin halves in a rimmed baking sheet; bake until dry, about 40 - 45 minutes.
- Arrange muffin halves, cut side up, in a single layer in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with broccoli, bacon, hard-cooked eggs and cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, mustard, salt and lemon juice. Whisk in cream, milk and broth. Pour mixture evenly over casserole. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove baking dish from refrigerator and let stand for 20 - 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake, uncovered, until mixture is set in centre, about 50 - 60 minutes.
346 calories, 19.7 g fat, 20.2 g protein, 23.8 g carbohydrate, 3.8 g fibre, 736 mg sodium