MOLE PORK CHOPS
Mole is a traditional Mexican sauce made of spices and unsweetened chocolate. We use a similar blend of flavours to create a rub for these barbecued pork chops.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 thick boneless pork loin chops
- Combine all ingredients except pork in a heavy zip-lock plastic bag. Add pork and squeeze bag to coat pork with seasoning mixture; seal bag. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat natural gas barbecue on low heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove pork from bag; discard marinade.
- Grill pork over low heat on natural gas barbecue until done, about 30 minutes for 3/4 inch thick chops.
233 calories, 14.4 g fat, 21.2 g protein, 4.3 g carbohydrate, 0.5 g fibre, 339 mg sodium