MOROCCAN CHICKEN WINGS
Moroccan spices like cinnamon, cumin, paprika and cloves make up the marinade for these barbecued chicken wings. Serve them as an appetizer with a creamy dip.
Yield: Makes about 28.
July 02, 2019
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 lb (1.5 kg) chicken wing drumettes
- Combine cinnamon, pepper, coriander, cumin and cloves in a small frypan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and lightly toasted, about 2 minutes; cool.
- To prepare marinade, combine toasted spices, brown sugar, lemon juice, oil, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and garlic in a heavy zip-lock plastic bag. Add chicken and squeeze bag to coat chicken with marinade. Seal bag and place on a plate. Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on low heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Grill chicken on a grill topper or directly on grid, turning occasionally, until browned and completely cooked, about 30 - 35 minutes.
84 calories, 5.8 g fat, 6.5 g protein, 1.6 g carbohydrate, 0.3 g fibre, 70 mg sodium