MUSSELS WITH GARLIC BUTTER
These barbecued mussels are cooked in a classic buttery garlic white wine sauce. Mop up the sauce with a crusty piece of bread or a side of homemade French fries.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 dozen mussels, rinsed and scrubbed
- Preheat grill topper for natural gas barbecue on medium heat.
- On a side burner of natural gas barbecue or directly on grid, melt butter in a small saucepan. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, wine and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place mussels, rounded side down, on a grill topper. With lid down, cook mussels over medium heat on natural gas barbecue until shells open, about 5 minutes. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Divide butter mixture among 4 ramekins or small bowls and serve with mussels. Serve immediately.
420 calories, 37.3 g fat, 15 g protein, 5.8 g carbohydrate, 0.2 g fibre, 620 mg sodium