NACHOS IN A PACKET
- 8 cups small round tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tsp finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups Tex-Mex shredded cheese
- Medium salsa*
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Lay out four large pieces of non-stick foil. Place 2 cups tortilla chips in centre of each piece.
- Combine bell peppers, green onion and jalapeno pepper. Sprinkle over tortilla chips, dividing equally. Top each with 1/2 cup cheese. For each piece of foil, bring edges together to form a packet; close all edges with tight double folds.
- Cook until cheese is melted and toppings are heated through, about 10 – 12 minutes. Serve with salsa.
455 calories, 27.5 g fat, 17.7 g protein, 36 g carbohydrate, 3.3 g fibre, 505 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.
Hot peppers cause severe skin and eye irritation. Wear disposable gloves when handling hot peppers and avoid touching any exposed skin.
We used Kraft Tex-Mex Shredded Cheese in this recipe.
Alternatively, this recipe may be baked in a 350ºF oven for 10 - 12 minutes.