OATMEAL COOKIE MIX IN A JAR
Give friends or family the gift of homemade cookies that they bake themselves. This mix includes all the dry ingredients needed to make nutty chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. Layer the ingredients in a jar and write out a tag with instructions on how to add in the wet ingredients and bake.
Yield: Makes 1 quart jar. Makes 3 dozen cookies.
July 02, 2019
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg, optional
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl. Spoon flour mixture into a 1 quart jar. Layer oats, chocolate chips and walnuts over flour mixture. Cover jar; label with instructions for baking. Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 month.
89 calories, 5.1 g fat, 1.5 g protein, 10.5 g carbohydrate, 0.7 g fibre, 57 mg sodium