Orzo is a variety of pasta that resembles grains of rice and it’s great as a base for picnic salads. This portable salad — also full of peas, feta cheese and parsley — is perfect for summer potlucks.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups cooked orzo, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup shredded feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- To prepare dressing, combine vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add orzo, peas, cheese and parsley; toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving or for up to 24 hours
327 calories, 13.6 g fat, 11.2 g protein, 39.3 g carbohydrate, 3.1 g fibre, 646 mg sodium