OUR SIGNATURE CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
If you’re looking for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe, you’ve come to the right place. These classic cookies are chewy and delicious.
Yield: Makes about 5 dozen.
July 02, 2019
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed golden brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional*
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together butter, brown sugar and sugar until fluffy. Using low speed, beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Using high speed, beat until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop 1 tbsp measures of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake until bottoms of cookies are golden, about 11 - 12 minutes. Cookies will look puffed and almost set. Do not overbake. Let cookies stand for 5 minutes on cookie sheets. Cookies will fall upon standing. Remove from cookie sheets and cool cookies on racks. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 days. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
121 calories, 5.7 g fat, 1.2 g protein, 17.2 g carbohydrate, 0.5 g fibre, 97 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.