- 1 jar (700 mL) tomato-based pasta sauce
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 container (500 g) ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) basil, crumbled
- 4 cups (1 L) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded feta cheese
- 1 pkg (10 oz/300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Combine pasta sauce, water, parsley, garlic and pepper.
- Place 1 cup (250 mL) pasta sauce mixture in a greased lasagna pan or shallow 3 quart (3 L) baking dish, spreading evenly. Place 4 noodles on top of sauce mixture.
- Combine ricotta cheese, lemon juice, oregano and basil. Spread half of ricotta cheese mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with 1 cup (250 mL) mozzarella cheese and half of feta cheese. Top with spinach.
- Place remaining 4 noodles on spinach. Layer with 1 cup (250 mL) sauce mixture, remaining ricotta cheese mixture, 1 cup (250 mL) mozzarella cheese and remaining feta cheese.
- Pour remaining sauce mixture over top; sprinkle with remaining 2 cups (500 mL) mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator and let stand for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Bake, covered, at 350ºF (180ºC) for 45 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
166 calories, 9.2 g fat, 6.8 g protein, 15.6 g carbohydrate, 2.9 g fibre, 365 mg sodium
Use regular uncooked lasagna noodles in this recipe. Do not use oven-ready (no-boil) noodles.