Pancetta is an Italian bacon that is sold either cubed or in thin slices. We used the sliced version here, along with our Chipotle Mayo, for a twist on a classic BLT. This sandwich is great made with our Everyday Bread, or you can use a toasted bagel.
Yield: Makes 4.
July 02, 2019
- 12 thin slices pancetta
- 1/2 cup Chipotle Mayo
- 8 slices Everyday Bread or white bread, toasted
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 12 Roma tomato slices
- 8 red onion slices
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place pancetta in a parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until pancetta is browned and crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Spread 1 tbsp Chipotle Mayo on one side of each bread slice. Dividing equally, top each of 4 bread slices with lettuce, tomato, red onion, pancetta and avocado. Cover with remaining bread slices.
532 calories, 38.9 g fat, 18.5 g protein, 33.3 g carbohydrate, 5.2 g fibre, 1570 mg sodium
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp finely chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced green onion
Yield: Makes about 1 cup.
- Combine all ingredients until blended. May be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
100 calories, 11 g fat, 0.2 g protein, 0.7 g carbohydrate, 0.1 g fibre, 123 mg sodium