PARMESAN AND PARSLEY BREAD
Warm this buttery herbed bread on the barbecue until the crust is crisp and the cheese is melted. It’s a great side dish to go with steak or other grilled meats.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch freshly ground pepper*
- 1 loaf French bread, halved lengthwise
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on low heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients except bread until blended.
- Wrap bread halves individually in heavy-duty foil, leaving cut side of bread exposed.
- Spread butter mixture over cut side of bread halves.
- Heat bread over low heat directly on grid or on warming rack on natural gas barbecue for 15 - 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is golden around edges. Slice bread and serve.
226 calories, 7.2 g fat, 7.4 g protein, 33.4 g carbohydrate, 1.5 g fibre, 388 mg sodium