PATIO PICO DE GALLO
Pico de Gallo is a mix of fresh tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice and chile peppers and is usually served as a condiment with Mexican fare. You can also use it as a dip with tortilla chips.
Yield: Makes 2 3/4 cups.
July 02, 2019
- 2 cups diced seeded Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 serrano chile pepper, halved, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Tortilla chips*
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.
10 calories, 0.1 g fat, 0.4 g protein, 2.3 g carbohydrate, 0.6 g fibre, 31 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.
Hot peppers cause severe skin and eye irritation. Wear disposable gloves when handling hot peppers and avoid touching any exposed skin.