PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA QUESADILLAS
This unique quesadilla is a fun twist on a classic peanut butter and banana sandwich. We grill them in a panini maker for an easy kid-friendly lunch. Serve them with our Cinnamon Yogurt Dip.
Yield: Serves 4. Makes 16 wedges.
July 02, 2019
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 4 whole grain flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 1 cup chopped bananas
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 4 tsp packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Cinnamon Yogurt Dip
- Preheat panini maker. Spread peanut butter evenly over one side of each tortilla, leaving a 1/2 inch border.
- Combine bananas, peanuts, raisins, brown sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Spread banana mixture evenly over half of peanut butter. Fold tortillas in half. Brush tortillas with melted butter.
- Grill tortillas in batches in panini maker according to manufacturer’s instructions until grill marked and heated through. Let quesadillas stand for 3 – 5 minutes before cutting. Cut into wedges. Serve with Cinnamon Yogurt Dip.
112 calories, 6.5 g fat, 3.1 g protein, 11.8 g carbohydrate, 1.9 g fibre, 100 mg sodium
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tbsp packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Yield: Makes about 1/2 cup (125 mL).
- Combine all ingredients until blended. Refrigerate until serving.