PEAR AND APPLE SLAW
This tasty cabbage-based coleslaw is sweetened up with slices of apple and pear. Serve it as a side salad or on top of a pulled pork sandwich.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp poppy seed, optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 1 firm ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 1 red apple, thinly sliced
- To prepare dressing, whisk together first 6 ingredients (vinegar through pepper).
- Dressing may be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- Combine coleslaw mix, pear and apple in a bowl; toss with dressing. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
69 calories, 2 g fat, 0.2 g protein, 12.3 g carbohydrate, 2.9 g fibre, 162 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.