PEAR AND AVOCADO SALAD WITH MAPLE VINAIGRETTE
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 8 cups torn mixed greens
- 2 unpeeled firm ripe pears, halved lengthwise, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup unsalted shelled pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled soft goat cheese
- To prepare dressing, whisk together vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt and pepper until combined. Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- Combine greens, pears, avocados, pumpkin seeds and red onion in a bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
276 calories, 21.6 g fat, 6.8 g protein, 18 g carbohydrate, 5.6 g fibre, 253 mg sodium
Shelled pumpkin seeds, also known as pepitas, are dark green in colour and can be found in specialty food stores and the bulk foods section of most large grocery stores.