Peas with Sweet Onion and Mint
This flavourful side dish is a great way to use up your garden peas. Serve it alongside your favourite roasted or barbecued meats and poultry.
Yield: Serves 6
January 25, 2021
- 4 cups frozen peas
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint or 2 tsp dried mint
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp liquid honey
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add peas and cook till tender crisp. Pour into a colander and cool quickly under running water. Drain well and put into a bowl.
- Combine oil, mint, salt, honey, sour cream and white wine vinegar; mix until blended. Fold oil mixture into peas. Gently stir in onions.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
156 calories, 7.2 g fat, 5.4 g protein, 17.2 g carbohydrate, 4.6 g fibre, 880 mg sodium