PERFECT PIZZA DOUGH
Make this no-fuss pizza dough in your food processor. Use it for our Spanakopita Pizza, our Pizza Dough Focaccia or with your own combination of pizza toppings.
Yield: Makes 1 large pizza.
July 02, 2019
- 3/4 cup warm water (100ºF/38ºC)
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 pkg instant yeast
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- All-purpose flour, optional*
- Combine warm water and sugar, stirring to dissolve. Sprinkle yeast on top. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir yeast mixture. Drizzle in oil and stir to combine.
- Place 1 3/4 cups flour and salt in a food processor fitted with a dough blade; process to combine.
- Add yeast mixture and process just until dough comes together and forms a ball, about 1 minute. Dough will be soft.
- If dough is too sticky, add additional flour, 1 tbsp at a time, and process until dough comes together and forms a ball.
- Using greased hands, shape dough into a ball. Dough may be prepared to this point and frozen in an airtight container.
- If frozen, thaw dough in refrigerator before proceeding. Transfer dough to an oiled bowl; turn dough to coat with oil. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let stand for 5 minutes if fresh and 15 minutes if thawed from frozen before rolling out.
138 calories, 3.7 g fat, 3.2 g protein, 22.8 g carbohydrate, 0.9 g fibre, 292 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.