THE PERFECT SUGAR COOKIE
Everyone needs a good sugar cookie in their repertoire and we think this is the perfect one. Whip them up over the Christmas holidays or whenever you’re craving something sweet.
Yield: Makes 3 dozen.
July 02, 2019
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat butter until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until combined.
- Gather dough into a ball; divide in half. Flatten each half into a disc shape. Wrap each disc with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 – 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- On a well-floured surface, roll out dough 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets until light golden, about 8 minutes. Let cookies stand for 5 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove from cookie sheets and cool on racks. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
128 calories, 5.6 g fat, 1.8 g protein, 17.8 g carbohydrate, 0.3 g fibre, 114 mg sodium