PINEAPPLE PUMPKIN BREAD
Pumpkin and pineapple may not seem like the most natural match, but they complement each other beautifully! Use them together in this spicy quick bread.
Yield: Makes 2 loaves.
July 02, 2019
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) pure pumpkin
- 1 can (8 oz/227 mL) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg in a bowl; set aside.
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and pumpkin and beat until thoroughly blended. Fold in pineapple. Add flour mixture and stir just until blended. Do not overmix. Fold in walnuts.
- Spoon batter evenly into two greased 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean, about 60 - 65 minutes. Cool in pans for 5 minutes. Invert loaves onto racks and cool completely. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
160 calories, 5.3 g fat, 3 g protein, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fibre, 192 mg sodium
Do not drain the pineapple in this recipe. Raisins may be used in place of nuts.