- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups thawed Freezer Ground Beef Base or 1 lb (0.5 kg) lean ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 1/2 cups cubed pepperoni (1/2 inch)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese*
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms; sauté until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Add broth, tomatoes, Freezer Ground Beef Base, pepperoni, green peppers, parsley and Italian seasoning; stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until green peppers are tender and soup is heated through, about 10 minutes. Serve topped with croutons and Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
484 calories, 36 g fat, 29.1 g protein, 11.8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fibre, 1697 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.