POMEGRANATE AND JASMINE RICE SALAD WITH ORANGES
This fragrant fruit and rice salad makes for a great side dish any time of the year. If fresh berries are in season, feel free to substitute them for the pomegranate seeds.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp grated orange peel
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Combine water, rice and 1/4 tsp salt in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fluff rice with a fork. Cool completely.
- To prepare dressing, whisk together vinegar, orange juice, oil, orange peel, 3/4 tsp salt and pepper until blended.
- Combine rice, oranges, pomegranate seeds, almonds and parsley in a bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine. Refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
194 calories, 5.9 g fat, 3.7 g protein, 33 g carbohydrate, 3.7 g fibre, 295 mg sodium