POPPIN' JALAPENO DIP
Enjoy the flavour of jalapeno poppers without the fuss of having to stuff the cheese into the peppers. This spicy creamy dip is perfect for game day, served with tortilla chips for dipping.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 16 oz (500 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can (114 mL) diced green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped drained pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Ground ancho chile pepper or paprika*
- Tortilla chips*
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, mayonnaise and garlic powder until blended. Stir in green chilies and jalapeno peppers.
- Spoon mixture into a microwave-safe 9 inch deep-dish pie plate. Top with Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with ancho chile pepper. May be prepared to this point and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and let stand for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high (100% power) until heated through, about 3 - 4 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips.
107 Calories, 11 g fat, 0.5 g protein, 1.3 g carbohydrate, 0.1 g fibre, 134 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.