PORK CHOPS IN MUSTARD WINE SAUCE
These pork chops are pan-fried with a rich sauce made with white wine and Dijon mustard. We like using bone-in pork chops, which tend to be juicier and more flavourful.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 - 6 thick bone-in pork loin chops
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a heavy frypan over medium heat.
- Add pork chops and cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove pork chops from frypan; keep warm.
- Add wine, mustard, honey, salt and pepper to frypan; bring to a boil. Boil until thickened and reduced by one-third, about 5 minutes.
- Return pork chops and any accumulated meat juices to frypan. Reduce heat and simmer, turning pork chops occasionally, for 12 - 15 minutes or until pork chops are done.
383 calories, 9.8 g fat, 38.8 g protein, 17.8 g carbohydrate, 0.5 g fibre, 594 mg sodium